Vegetable Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup silvered almonds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Step 1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir 1 minute, or until lightly toasted. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Step 2) Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetables, salt, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Step 3) Stir in rice and toasted almonds; heat through.