- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 4 cups bread cubes (approximately 3/4 to 1 inch)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl, drizzle oil over cubes. Stir until cubes are coated with oil. Sprinkle cubes with cheese and the desired amount of seasoning . Store unused herb mixture in a re-sealable container for future use.
- Spread seasoned croutons in a single layer on a 15x10-inch baking sheet. Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cubes are dried; stir occasionally. Cool on baking sheet. Store in plastic, re-sealable bag.
- Tip: A slightly stale Italian country or basic sourdough loaf work best for croutons!