Corn and Black Bean Stuffed Poblanos
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup halved or quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blister all sides of peppers over gas burner, on gas grill or under broiler. Peppers will be blackened, but still hold their shape. Place in medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap until cooled, about 10 minutes. Remove skins with sharp paring knife under running cold water. Cut a slit down the center of the pepper; stopping about 1/4-inch from the bottom tip. Place in 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat . Stir in grape tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, black pepper and salt. Add corn and black beans; stir to combine. Stuff mixture carefully into the peppers.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until peppers are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.