Smoky Sauteed Scallops on Wilted Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Tangerine Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tangerine OR orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated tangerine OR orange peel
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound finely shredded Brussels sprouts (use shredding attachment on food processor)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 tablespoon tangerine OR orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound dry packed sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Step 1) Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons juice, peel and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 2) Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion and cook 2 minutes. Add sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables start to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Whisk together 1 tablespoon juice and mustard; stir into vegetables. Place vegetables on serving tray.
- Step 3) Dust scallops on both sides with smoked paprika. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook scallops 6 to 9 minutes until lightly browned and just cooked through. Place scallops on top of 'slaw'.
- Step 4) Dollop with tangerine dressing and serve immediately.