Fajita Chicken Salad
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fajita Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted
- Warmed flour tortillas, prepared salsa and sour cream (optional)
- Combine seasoning ingredients in medium bowl. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir bell peppers and red onion 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Remove from heat; drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and avocado on individual plates; top with chicken mixture. Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream, if desired.