Grilled Bloody Mary
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored and cut in half
- 2 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 4 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon olive juice, from a jar of Spanish olives
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 4 thick cucumber slices, halved
- 4 celery sticks, about 3-inches with tops
- 4 wooden skewers
- Brush tomatoes, jalapenos and shrimp with oil. Grill over medium direct heat for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly charred and shrimp is cooked through Remove tomatoes to tray and let cool 5 minutes. Place jalapenos and shrimp in refrigerator so they can cool completely.
- Place tomatoes, tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, olive juice and spices in blender. Puree until very smooth. Fill 4 glasses with ice and fill with Bloody Mary. Thread jalapenos, shrimp, cucumber and celery on skewers and add to drinks as a "stirrer".
- Serve immediately.