6 to 8 servings
- ¼ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1-½ tablespoons Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 6 cups very hot water
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 4 cups diced fresh vegetables such as: red and yellow bell peppers, asparagus tips
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Increase heat to high, add white wine and cook until almost dry, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until completely coated with the corn oil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir bouillon powder into hot water until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth, stirring constantly until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Gradually stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Heat 3 tablespoons corn oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add vegetables and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp tender. Remove from heat and set aside until risotto is nearly finished cooking.
- Risotto is ready after the last cup of broth has been stirred in and rice has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vegetables and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper; top with additional shaved Parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately.