Pan Seared Scallops with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 pound sea scallops (about 10 to 15)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- Step 1) Rinse scallops and pat dry using paper towels; season with salt and set aside.
- Step 2) Combine mango, onion, garlic, chilies, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 3) Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, place scallops flat side down in skillet and do not move for 2 minutes. (Note: Do not overcrowd skillet; for smaller skillets cook in 2 batches.)
- Step 4) Scallops are ready to turn when a brown crust forms on the bottom cooked surface. Turn scallops with tongs and cook for 2 minutes or until well browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Serve immediately with Mango Salsa.