Bread In A Bag Recipe
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 35 mins
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Step 1) Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, dry milk, and salt in a 1-gallon, resealable heavy duty freezer bag. Squeeze upper part of bag to force out air. Shake and work bag with fingers to blend ingredients. Heat water and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); add to flour mixture. Reseal bag; mix thoroughly by working bag with fingers. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a stiff batter that pulls away from the bag. Remove dough from bag; knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Step 2) Roll dough to 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Beginning from short end, roll up tightly. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Step 3) Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.