Grilled Peruvian Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 5 cloves of garlic (peeled and puréed)
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Black pepper
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Mazola® Corn Oil
- Mix puréed garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, Mazola® Corn Oil, cumin, paprika, oregano and a pinch of black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put chicken in a large zip-top bag and add marinade. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine all ingredients except the Mazola® Corn Oil in a blender and process until smooth. While blending these ingredients, slowly drizzle in the Mazola® Corn Oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. Serve once chicken is ready.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (around 350ºF). Remove chicken from marinade and shake off any extra marinade. Let chicken grill for 5–6 minutes with the grill cover closed to maintain the heat.
- Use tongs to flip the chicken thighs. Cook for an additional 5–6 minutes. Use a digital thermometer to make sure internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve with green sauce and your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!
Recipe by Jesús Díaz of @chefyisus
Full of fresh and smoky flavors, this Grilled Peruvian Chicken recipe is a must-try for your summer grilling. Easily made with a delicious marinade and a great green sauce for a chicken that is incredibly juicy and tender.