Mojito Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
6 to 8 servings (2 to 3 tacos per person)
- 2 pound s large (21 to 30 count) raw shrimp peeled
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves finely minced fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ancho chile
- 1-1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro minced
- Lettuce Tacos
- 4 large heads butter lettuce OR 4 smaller heads Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 avocados cubed
- Fresh lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat grill to medium high heat or about 400°F.
Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag or mixing bowl and set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until combined. Pour mixture over prepared shrimp, stir to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
Separate lettuce leaves into 18 to 20 “cups”. Rinse and pat dry; cover and chill until ready to serve.
Spray grill with grill spray. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Grill shrimp over Medium Direct heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until curled, firm and cooked through. Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl.
To assemble tacos, arrange chilled lettuce “cups”, open side facing up on a serving platter. Spoon 3 shrimp into each lettuce cup, add a few avocado cubes, sprinkle with cheese, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.