Slow Cooker Chicken Pozole Blanco Recipe
8 to 10 servings
4 hrs 20 mins
- 2 pound s boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (28 ounces) white OR yellow hominy, drained
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1 each whole bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Traditional garnishes: lime wedges, diced avocado, cilantro, radish slices, finely shredded cabbage, minced chiles,fried corn tortilla srips or tostadas, sour cream and crumbled or shredded Mexi can cheese
- Step 1) Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown lightly, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Step 2) Reduce heat to medium and add onions to skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Stir in garlic, minced chile and bouillon powder; continue cooking 1 minute. Pour in 1 cup water and stir well. Remove from heat and pour into slow cooker. Add remaining water, hominy, oregano, bay leaf and lime juice.
- Step 3) Cover and heat for 4 to 6 hours on LOW or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH. The soup is ready when the chicken is tender and can be easily pulled apart. Shred chicken using two forks to pull apart.
- Step 4) Ladle soup into bowls and let guests garnish the soup as desired.