Grilled Baked Apples
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried tart cherries OR mixed berry blend
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large tart-sweet apples, cored (such as Honey Crisp)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Combine cherries, walnuts, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, oil and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl. Stir to evenly coat; set aside.
- Place each apple individually onto a 12 x 10-inch sheet of foil. Divide cherry nut filling evenly between apples, stuffing into the core of each apple. Fold foil around apples and seal tightly.
- Grill apple packets for 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from grill; let rest 3 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Transfer each apple to a serving plate; top with a dollop of maple sour cream.