Picadillo Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 cup salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, cored and finely chopped (about 1 cup salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) salt-free petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 8 pimento stuffed medium green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2) Split squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon oil. Place cut side down on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until squash is nearly tender. Remove from oven.
- Step 3) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chipotle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until onion is just tender. Crumble in turkey; cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is cooked through.
- Step 4) Add remaining ingredients; stir well. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes and apples are tender.
- Step 5) Turn squash over and fill each cavity with picadillo. Cover and return to oven and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until squash is tender.