Shrimp and Pasta with Lemon Oil, Olives and Tomato Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Freshly grated peel from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pasta, cooked (such as radiatore
- 2 pound s large (21 to 30 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Step 1) Preheat grill, grill pan or broiler.
- Step 2) Combine 1/2 cup corn oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir well. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the lemon oil vinaigrette.
- Step 3) Toss the remaining lemon oil mixture with hot cooked pasta; cover and set aside.
- Step 4) Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Place shrimp in a bowl and coat with 2 tablespoons corn oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place on grill or broil for about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and add to pasta mixture.
- Step 5) Transfer pasta and shrimp to a large serving dish and toss with tomatoes, olives and basil.
- Step 6) Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.