Creamy Roasted Onion Dip
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large, sweet onion
- 1 garlic head
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- Sliced green onions for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice onions 1/4-inch thick and put into large mixing bowl. Toss with 2 teaspoons oil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Slice the top 1/4-inch off garlic head and place on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Wrap garlic head in foil.
- Roast onions for 30 minutes or until caramelized, stirring every 15 minutes. Take care not to burn. Remove from oven; cool. Roast garlic for 45 to 60 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, thyme and black pepper in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- Finely chop caramelized onions and stir into cheese mixture.
- Squeeze garlic pulp into a small bowl; smash with a fork. Stir into onion mixture and chill a minimum 15 minutes before serving. Top with green onions, if desired.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, pita chips or baked chips.