Turkey Apricot Salad Sandwiches Recipe
2 hrs 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) container non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 each sandwich thins
- Lettuce and red onion slices, optional
- Step 1) Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2) Combine celery, onion, apricots and parsley flakes in a large bowl; set aside.
- Step 3) Stir remaining ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Step 4) Chop cooled turkey finely and add to celery mixture; mix in mayonnaise/yogurt mixture and chill at least two hours before serving.
- Step 5) Divide turkey salad evenly between eight sandwich thins. Top with lettuce leaves and red onion, if desired.