Crab Cakes with Smoked Paprika
1 hr 10 mins
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup crushed crisp rice cereal squares
- 1/2 cup finely minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
Combine crab, cereal, bell pepper and green onion in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Mix mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, smoked paprika, garlic, cayenne and salt until thoroughly combined. Stir into crab mixture; mix well.
Form into eight patties, place on tray or baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook crab cakes in batches, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place cooked crab cakes on plate lined with paper toweling; cover with foil to keep warm.
Serve hot with Seafood Remoulade or your favorite seafood sauce.