Savory Beef Stew Recipe
1 hr 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 pound s beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Step 1) Heat oil in a 5-quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add beef, tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Step 2) Simmer 1 hour. Add potatoes; cook 15 minutes. Stir in green beans and carrots and simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Step 3) Combine water and corn starch in a small bowl until blended. Stir into meat mixture. Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring to boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Step 4) Ladle into serving bowls.