Grilled Steak and Vegetable Skewers
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 red/and or green bell pepper, cored and cut into wedges
- Combine oil, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag. Add beef, mushrooms and red bell pepper, turning to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove beef and vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Thread onto four 12-inch skewers or eight 8-inch skewers.
- Grill over medium high heat, turning once, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until vegetables have char marks and steak is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Recipe Note: If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.