Garlic and Fresh Herb Pull-Apart Bread
4 to 6 servings
2 hrs 30 mins
- Garlic and Herb Infused Oil:
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 package s yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cups very warm milk (120° to 130°F)*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- For infused oil: Combine corn oil, herbs, garlic and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in mixing bowl. Add warm milk to flour mixture and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in egg and corn oil and continue to mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Using hands, pat dough into a 10x12-inch rectangle, approximately 1-inch thick. Divide dough into about 30 pieces using a pizza cutter or knife; roll into balls. Dip dough balls into corn oil and herb mixture to lightly coat. Arrange coated dough balls evenly in bottom of greased 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Invert to move from pan and serve immediately.