Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 hrs 27 mins
3 hrs 12 mins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Additional sugar for tops of cookies
- Step 1) Mix butter, oil, sugar and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in chocolate chips and toffee bits. Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Step 2) Divide dough into 48 pieces; roll into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Dip a flat bottomed drinking glass into sugar and gently flatten each cookie.
- Step 3) Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.
- Recipe Tip: Use a glass with a molded bottom for a more decorative appearance.