Parmesan Croutons Recipe
12 to 14 large croutons
- 12 to 14 slices day-old baguette bread (1/4-inch thick, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1) Brush both sides of each bread slice with oil until well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Step 2) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned bread in a single layer (cook in 2 batches), pressing gently with a spatula to ensure centers contact pan surface. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted; sprinkle tops lightly with cheese, turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Step 3) Sprinkle lightly with more cheese, turn and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp and golden all over.
- Step 4) Transfer cooked croutons to a plate to cool and repeat cooking method for the second batch. Served immediately on souprs and salads or as a snack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.