Warm Tomato and Kale Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces (4 cups ) uncooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup no-salt or reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Step 1) Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Step 2) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kale, vegetable broth, lime juice, chili powder, garlic salt and crushed red pepper. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3) Combine hot pasta, tomato mixture, feta cheese and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Toss lightly and serve.
- RECIPE NOTE: Pasta shapes such as cellentani or rotelle also work well in this recipe.