Molasses Multigrain Bread Recipe
2 round loaves
2 hrs 35 mins
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 envelope yeast, ADY or traditional
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Step 1) Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixer bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Add oil, egg yolks and molasses and blend well. Add salt, 1 cup bread flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, milk powder, oats, wheat germ and cornmeal. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add enough remaining bread flour until a soft dough forms. Knead on lightly floured surface for 5 to 6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place about 1-1/2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Step 2) Punch dough down; divide in half. Form each dough portion into a 5 to 6-inch ball; place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Tips for Gifting: After first rise and shaping, brush loaves with water and sprinkle with wheat germ or oats. Let rise and bake as directed. Package with your favorite flavored butter.