Spicy Shrimp Remoulade with Angel Hair Pasta
4 to 6 servings
- Shrimp Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons black medium grind pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground thyme
- Remoulade Sauce
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 3/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Shrimp and Pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Combine all ingredients for shrimp seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
For remoulade sauce:
Combine onions, celery, garlic, horseradish, mustards, ketchup, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour oil and lemon juice into a food processor or blender, process or blend for one minute. Add mustard mixture to oil and lemon juice; process until thoroughly combined, about 15 to 20 seconds.
Sprinkle shrimp with 2 tablespoons of seasoning. Store remaining seasoning blend in airtight container for future use.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saut� shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and Sauté an additional minute. Measure 1 cup of remoulade sauce and add to skillet; simmer 2 minutes.
Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta; sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
Recipe Note: Shrimp seasoning is also delicious on chicken, fish and beef! Extra remoulade sauce can be stored in refrigerator and used as a spread on meat sandwiches.