Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) light beer
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 3 lemons, juiced, reserve the lemon shells, divided
- 3 limes, juiced, reserve the lime shells, divided
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
Combine steak, beer, 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup parsley, 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons oregano and the juice from 2 lemons and 2 limes and their shells in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate beef in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
To make the chimichurri, combine remaining garlic cloves, herbs, juices, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove the meat from the marinade. Discard marinade. Grill the steak 5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness.
Transfer steak to cutting board; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain. Arrange slices of steak on a serving platter; drizzle chimichurri sauce over top.
Recipe provided courtesy of Herb Mesa, Chef & Personal Trainer