- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk, whole
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 muffin cups (2-1/2 inch) or line with paper liners.
- Combine water and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixer bowl. Add milk, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix for 1 to 2 minutes on medium speed until smooth. Add melted chocolate mixture and continue mixing for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Portion batter evenly into prepared baking cups filling each approximately two-thirds full. Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Remove cupcakes from pans and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.