Tequila Lime Pork Chops with Black Bean Salsa
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila OR water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- Black Bean Salsa
- 2/3 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine oil, 3 tablespoons lime juice, tequila and spices in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Combine black beans, corn, onion, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice in a bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove pork chops from marinade; discard marinade. Grill over direct high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until pork is cooked through and at least 150°F. Remove from grill to serving plate. Top with Black Bean Salsa and fresh cilantro.