Carnitas de Cerdo (Pork Carnitas)
6 to 8 servings
3 hrs 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 to 4 pound s bone-in pork butt OR shoulder roast, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 1 onion, quart ered
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon black whole pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 2 whole bay leaves
- Cut pork into 3 or 4 pieces. Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add pork and cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender and easily pulls apart.
- Remove from heat and transfer roast to a baking sheet to cool. Shred meat, using two forks. Discard bone and fat.
- Serve this delicious meat with you're favorite rice and beans and garnish with fresh lime and avocado.