Grilled Flatbread Salad
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup loosed packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- ½ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- ¼ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 6 cups (3 to 4 ounces) loosely packed salad greens
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled goat, feta or blue cheese
- As needed grill spray
- To make the vinaigrette, combine vinegar, water, mustard, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a blender and pulse 2 to 3 times to blend. Pour in oil and blend well for 10 seconds. Add Parmesan cheese, if desired, and pulse to combine. Vinaigrette can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Divide bread dough into 4 equal pieces. Lightly coat dough and hands with oil to prevent sticking. Press and roll dough pieces out to 8 to 10-inch diameter circles, 1/4-inch thick. Oil or spray grill to prevent sticking.
- Place flattened dough onto grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn dough over using a spatula and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Toss salad greens with desired amount of vinaigrette. Scoop 1 cup onto each grilled pizza. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.