Pan Seared Turkey Medallions with Apple Cranberry Glaze
4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 pound s turkey tenderloins
- Apple Cranberry Glaze
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine OR dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 cups apple slices, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, apple juice concentrate, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl with the turkey tenderloins. Stir to coat and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Combine cranberries, water, wine, bouillon powder and corn starch in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer turkey into skillet, reserving marinade. Brown turkey on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer turkey to a plate and set aside. Add apples, onion and sage to skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until apples and onions are browned and softened. Reduce heat to medium, stir in cranberry mixture and remaining marinade; stir well and bring to a full boil.
- Slice turkey tenderloins across the grain into medallions and add to skillet; cover. Continue to stir and cook until thickened and turkey is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice pilaf and green vegetables.