Kale Chips Recipe
About 8 to 10 cups chips
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Step 2) Thoroughly wash kale. Strip leaves from stems (though stems won't allow the chips to become crisp). Thoroughly drain kale in a colander. Blot with paper or cotton towels. You want the kale to be as dry as possible (this can be done a day ahead).
- Step 3) Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil. Use hands to thoroughly toss kale so that oil is evenly dispersed. Combine salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle over kale, tossing to mix well.
- Step 4) Spray two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Spread kale on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Step 5) Bake for 10 minutes, then switch pans for more even baking. Continue baking for another 5 to 10 minutes until kale is crisp but not burning around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Use a thin wire spatula to transfer kale to a serving bowl. Place any leftover kale in a resealable plastic bag and store at room temperature.