Mexican Turkey Meatball Soup with Chickpeas
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- ½ cup of onion
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 cup of spinach, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Start with a splash of Mazola® Corn Oil, sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes. Add 1 cup of tomato puree and 1 gallon of water, then add the bay leaves, chipotle, and half of the salt. Set to boil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, add oats, oregano, cumin, garlic, spinach, and the rest of the salt with your hands.
- Once combined, form the meatballs, add to the boiling broth, and let them cook, roughly 20 minutes after boil. Once the meatballs are cooked, add 2 cups of cooked chickpeas, and your delicous meal is ready! Con Mazola®, hazlo con corazón.
Recipe by Laura Muller of @lasrecetasdelaura
A delicious soup made with turkey meatballs, spinach, chickpeas, and tomato puree, this is an easy meal that brings the flavor.