Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 OR 2 whole chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 4 salmon fillets (12 ounces total)
- Combine preserves, ketchup, oil, lime juice, chiles, thyme and cumin in a small bowl; stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Brush cooking grates clean. Coat cooking grates with grill spray to prevent sticking. Grill salmon, over direct high heat, with lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift the fillets off the grate with tongs without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn salmon over, brush with cherry glaze, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes for medium doneness. Continue to brush with remaining glaze.
- Remove salmon fillets to serving platter; tent with foil and let rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Recipe Note: Apricot or pineapple preserves can be substituted for the cherry preserves.