Lamb Roast with Chimichurri Recipe
1 hr 20 mins
- 1 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 cup mint, fresh
- 3/4 cup Mazola® (Canadian)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 pound s lamb shoulder
- Step 1) In a small mixing bowl, combine parsley, mint, oil, lemon juice, garlic , crushed red pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. This is your chimichurri.
- Step 2) Season the lamb with remaining salt and black pepper. Rub half of the chimichurri over the lamb. Marinate for 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Step 3) Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove lamb from refrigerator and wipe off excess marinade. Place the lamb in a roasting pan.
- Step 4) Roast the lamb in the upper third of the oven, for 50 to 60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roast registers 145°F for medium-rare. Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 5) Serve with the remaining chimichurri on the side.