Spicy Sausage and Potato Breakfast Fajitas
4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen, diced
- 8 ounces spicy sausage (chorizo, if available)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 to 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes in an even layer and cook without stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and add sausage, breaking up large pieces with spatula.
- Add peppers and onions and cook for 3 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked. Pour eggs over sausage mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally until eggs are firm and cooked through.
- Heat tortillas briefly in the microwave or in a skillet to soften. Scoop egg mixture into warm tortillas, top with salsa and cheese; fold and serve.