- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- Cut lime in half, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice and set aside.
- Combine oil, lime juice, garlic powder and paprika in a small bowl. Cut avocados in half, remove pit but leave peel. Cut jalapeno in half and remove seeds. Brush cut sides of avocados, jalapeno and remaining lime with flavored oil.
- Place cut sides down on grill over medium direct heat. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes until avocados, jalapenos and lime are lightly browned, brushing with any remaining flavored oil. Remove all to a tray. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Remove avocados from peel and place in a bowl. Mash with 2 forks. Finely chop jalapenos and add to avocados with green onions, cilantro and salt. Squeeze lime juice from grilled lime over guacamole. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
- To make "Deconstructed Guacamole"- grill vegetables and cool as directed. Remove avocados from peel and slice. Place on a serving tray. Sprinkle with chopped jalapenos, green onions, cilantro and salt. Squeeze lime juice over all.