Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
- For the vegetables:
- 2 cups sweet potato diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups kale cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Lemon tahini dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 cloves whole garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400℉.
Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato, broccoli florets, brussels sprouts, and red onion. Drizzle with 1/4 cup corn oil; be sure the vegetables are in an even layer and spread out. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove the sheet tray from the oven, toss the vegetables and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
While the vegetables are roasting, make the quinoa. In a medium-size sauce pan, combine the broth, rinsed quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the quinoa from the heat and let stand 5 minutes, covered. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside.
For the dressing, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the tahini, 1 tablespoon corn oil, lemon juice, warm water and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble the bowls and add quinoa, some roasted vegetables and chopped kale. Drizzle with the dressing.