Cardamom Scented Couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup diced dates
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast almonds on baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft. Add water, dates, apricots, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Add couscous and stir well. Cover and remove from heat. Let couscous sit for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Serve immediately.