Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken Recipe
3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
- 2 pound s boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 individual chipotle chile peppers, can ned in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Step 1) Pat chicken dry using paper towels. Cut chicken breasts into 2 to 3 ounce portions; add to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Step 2) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onions and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until tender and beginning to brown. Reduce heat and add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to electric blender or food processor. Add chipotle chilies and chicken broth. Puree until smooth. Pour over chicken in slow cooker; cover. Cook for 2 to 3 hours on HIGH, stirring once, cooking until chicken is tender and at least 170℉.
- Step 3) Whisk together sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes on LOW or until heated through.
- Step 4) Delicious served with rice, black beans, vegetables and warm corn tortillas. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Recipe Note: Canned "Chipotle Chile Peppers in Adobo Sauce" can be found in the Latin/Hispanic section of most grocery stores. Adjust spiciness by adding more or less of the peppers and sauce.