Crispy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- As needed Mazola® No-Stick Canola or Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and oil in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon, 2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookie edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- RECIPE TIP: For Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, substitute 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for the raisins. Omit cinnamon and nutmeg.