- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) marinara OR spaghetti sauce (1-1/2 cups salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 slices provolone OR mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Combine panko, flour, Italian herb seasoning and garlic salt in a separate shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in egg and then in crumbs, covering both sides.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet and add chicken. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is browned. Remove chicken to a platter. Sauté mushrooms in skillet, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Add marina sauce and mix well. Place chicken breasts on top of sauce; top each with slice of cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.