Roasted Chicken Recipe
4 to 6 servings
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 whole fryer chicken (3 to 5 pound s)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound red OR Yukon gold potatoes, quart ered
- 1 small onion OR 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher OR coarse grain salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Step 2) Rinse chicken, discard giblets and pat chicken dry. Spray roasting pan with cooking spray. Add carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Step 3) Combine oil, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Nestle chicken into potato and carrot mixture in roasting pan. Place garlic cloves inside chicken cavity and under skin. Coat inner cavity of chicken with salt mixture. Pour over chicken using hands to thoroughly coat surface of chicken; drizzle any remaining over vegetables. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with Italian herb seasoning.
- Step 4) Roast uncovered for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until juices run clear and temperature at leg or wing joint is 180°F. Let rest 10 minutes before carving.