Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
4 entree servings OR 8 appetizer servings
- Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
- 1-1/2 pound s (1-1/4 kg) chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- For deep frying, enough Mazola® Corn Oil
- Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in saucepan; heat through. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken:
- Mix corn starch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in corn starch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat deep fat fryer to 350°F. Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- Gluten Free Tip: Make sure to fry the chicken strips in oil that is only used for gluten free foods.