Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
4 servings for main, 6 for side
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil, divided
- 4 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-1/2 ounces baby greens (or spring greens)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2-1/2 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss the corn with Mazola® Corn Oil. Sprinkle corn with adobo seasoning and paprika, and rub the corn to coat evenly.
- Cook the corn on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until it's charred and tender. Remove the corn and allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off each ear.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the greens, corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with the green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- By Emily Wilson of thishealthytable.com