Crafted Caprese Kabobs Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, balls or cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black whole grinder pepper
- Freshly ground sea salt grinder
- Step 1) Slice bread into 1-inch slices and then cut into bite size pieces. Alternate bread, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on skewers.
- Step 2) Combine oil, sweet basil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush over skewers, turning to coat both sides. Grind peppercorns and sea salt over the skewers.
- Step 3) Grill on high heat 1 to 2 minutes until bread is toasted. Turn and grill on other side 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes prior to use.