Grilled Corn, Black Bean and Avocado Tacos
4 -6 servings
- 3 whole cobs yellow corn
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 each red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 3 each green onion, chopped
- 2 whole avocado, peeled
- Salsa Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fine grind
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, sprigs
- 1 cup romaine, shredded
- For Salsa Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- For corn and bean mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, add cabbage, red bell pepper, green onion and 3/4 cup of the salsa vinaigrette. Mix together and refrigerate the coleslaw until assembly of tacos. Keep the rest of vinaigrette to use on tacos.
- Preheat cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or use an outdoor grill. Drizzle each cob of corn with 1 tablespoon corn oil and liberally sprinkle salt and pepper on each one. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form and corn kernels are softened; about 10 minutes. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine corn, black beans, lime juice and cumin mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assembly of tacos:
- In a white flour tortilla, add corn and bean mixture, coleslaw, and 2 slices of avocado. Drizzle with salsa vinaigrette. Sprinkle with queso and garnish with cilantro.