Tropical Mango Bread Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup diced mango (about 1 medium mango)
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot tap water
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2) Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add vanilla, eggs, oil, fruits, nuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into 2 greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Step 3) Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Step 4) When loaves are cool, mix together ingredients for glaze and pour over loaves.
- Recipe Tip: For easy clean up, place a sheet of waxed paper under the rack before pouring glaze over bread.