Tequila Lime Swordfish Kabobs Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1-1/2 pound s swordfish steaks (1-inch thick) with skin and bones removed
- 4 to 6 skewers (if using wooden skewers, presoak in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1 package tequila lime marinade
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- As needed grill spray
- Orange Basil Sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon zesty lemon
- Step 1) Preheat grill to medium heat or about 400°F.
- Step 2) Rinse fish and pat dry using paper towels, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch cubes. Combine marinade mix, oil and water in a resealable plastic bag; mix well. Add fish to bag with marinade turning to coat. Seal bag and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Step 3) Thread marinated fish cubes onto skewers. (Discard remaining marinade.) Coat grill surface with oil or grill spray to prevent sticking, place skewers onto hot grill. Cook over Medium Direct heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until lightly browned, firm and cooked through.
- Step 4) Transfer cooked kabobs to a serving plate and serve immediately with Orange Basil Sauce.
- For the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Recipe Tips:
- • Firm dense white fish work best for this recipe. halibut, salmon, sea bass or red snapper are a few example.
- • The fish skewers can be broiled in the oven or grilled on a stovetop grill pan.
- • This marinade and sauce combination is also excellent with chicken.